PUFF PASTRY ROLL
(Only at selected stores)
Puff Pastry Recipes:
Scone Mix: Flour (gluten), water, pastry fat(vegetable fat(palm kernel/palm fruit) emusilfier, preservatives(sodium benzoate/potassium sorbate), BHA), salt, cream of tartar, flour improver
1 x Roll King Pie Puff Pastry
1 x Egg
Bake the Pastry Slices:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Unroll the defrosted pastry
- Brush one side of the pastry with water.
- Fold the pasty over from corner to corner to form a double layer of pastry
- Do not roll or press the pastry together
- Cut into 10 x 5 cm rectangles
- Lightly brush with egg.
- Place on a baking sheet, leaving a 1 cm cap beween each rectangle.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow stand and cool.
Make the Custard Filling:
- Put kettle on boil
- Pour 300 ml of rapidly boiling water into a mixing bowl
- Sprinkle content of Custard Powder packet into the water
- Whisk briskly until mixture is smooth and creamy
- Allow to stand and cool.
Make the Caramel & Custard Slices:
- Carefully split the baked pastry slices in half.
- Using a piping bag with a 2.5 cm nozzle, pipe one layer of caramel and one layer of custard onto the bottom part of the pastry.
- Lightly place the pasty top back onto the filled bottom. Do not press down.
Decorate the Caramel & Custard Slices:
- Add a tablespoon of water to the Icing Sugar.
- Mix until a smooth, thick paste.
- Using a piping bag with a small nozzle, decorate the top with the icing sugar mix.
- Make a strong sugar water mix with 100 g of sugar and 100 ml water.
- Brush top of slices with sugar water mix to give the fingers a shiny appearance.